7 July 2011

To London

Originally the flight out was from Gatwick at an early hour of Friday morning - so I decided to stay tonight in London at the Easy Hotel in Earls Court and perhaps see if I could get a good theatre ticket for the evening.

Then they moved the flight to the afternoon - rather than loose money on the hotel, I decided to stay with the original plan.

On arrival central London around Trafalgar Square was utter mayhem as the young & young at heart gathered for the premier of the last Harry Potter book.  Streets were close, long fences had been erected to prevent the population at large getting a glimse of the stars and police & security were everywhere.

There weren't any decent tickets for shows I fancied seeing, so I had a wander down the South Bank and across into the City before heading back for a meal by the hotel and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment